God only gives and therefore so do we: A Course in Miracles sets out firstly the absolute value of Truth, God’s unchanging Truth, which is also Love. This Truth is undivided, all-encompassing and has no opposite. God only gives, extending Himself and His Truth and this is Life, this is Creation. His Son is like God the Father in every way, excepting the Son was created by the Father. Secondly, A Course in Miracles shows that to awaken and remember God’s Truth, and that we are His holy Son, we must once again, learn to give as God gives. To give as God gives is to become like Him and be restored to Wholeness. In the world this means that to give and receive are one, therefore to have and to know the truth one must re-learn to give. Forgiveness is the means by which we re-learn to give on earth, as a counterpart in time for the way God gives, or creates, in eternity.
- “In the creation, God extended Himself to His creations and imbued them with the same loving Will to create. You have not only been fully created, but have also been created perfect. There is no emptiness in you. Because of your likeness to your Creator you are creative.” T- 2.I.1
- “Forgiveness is an earthly form of love, which as it is in Heaven has no form. Yet what is needed here is given here as it is needed.” W – 186.14.3
- “To give is how to recognize you have received. It is the proof that what you have is yours.” W – 159.1
- “You understand that you are healed when you give healing. You accept forgiveness as accomplished in yourself when you forgive. You recognize your brother as yourself, and thus do you perceive that you are whole. There is no miracle you cannot give…” W -159.1.7
- “Today I learn the law of love; that what I give my brother is my gift to me…. he whom I forgive will give me gifts beyond the worth of anything on earth. Let my forgiven brothers fill my store with Heaven’s treasures, which alone are real. Thus is the law of love fulfilled. And thus Your Son arises and returns to You.“ W – 344.1